So, my cousin has a 55,000 gallon pool.

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
That's pretty much all I have to say, but wow, I thought that was a lot of water! lol

We were at a pool party several weeks ago, at a 27,000 gallon inground pool. We got to talking about my cousin's pool which is ABOVE GROUND, and he said it was the "biggest one in the store". lol Above ground pool that holds 55,000 gallons!? Wow. How long does it take to fill that baby up?

But I'm a total newbie. these things may be common, I don't know.

I do know mine is 7500 18ft round. lol

I think his is only 4 feet deep "because of the kids". Wow.

Anyway, that's all I've got.

coastal said:
I would have never guess that they make an above ground that can hold that much water.

You know what, I better double check my numbers before this thread gets too far. lol

There could be many variables here.

1) I could have remembered wrong. Maybe

2) My cousin could be BS'ing me. I doubt it because he's a good guy and, ummm, rich.

3) I remember the number being a tad over DOUBLE of the pool we were visiting that day. That pool was approximately 20 x 40 IG and his was definitely double+ of this pool.

Sorry for the backtrack, but I don't even believe myself!!! lol

Easy way t figure it would be figuring a 20 x 40ft pool, then double + that amount. But alas, my screen name.

I did a quick google search and the biggest I can find is a 45' x 18' x 52" deep oval pool. Then I thought of something... The pool could have a deep end. :idea: Then I found the # of gallons and just the pool is about 23,000 so the deep end would have to be like, another pool under that one. :shock:

Is there any chance this pool was custom made?

Lastly, if you know the guys address, or about where he lives you could go on Google Maps and find his house. Then use the satellite view to see the pool in his yard and in the bottom left corner use the scale to see aprox. how many feet across the pool is. :idea: :idea:

Adam

lol @ the PI work to find the pool size.

Ehh, no big deal. This was just friendly conversation at a pool party/bbq we had. I will tend to believe the guy, but maybe his figures were off. Maybe he used liters since he is from France. lol

His address, I don't know, but he does live in a well to do area and he bought the house/lot next to his to have more space (perhaps for his pool!!! lol). These lots are big money, so if he was BS'ing, I think it was a mathematical error instead of a "show off" or bragging type statement. He's a really good guy.

Yeah, I'll have to get to the bottom of this. I did tell him how I can fit 7 or 8 of my pools inside of his. lol

Maybe I'll update this in the future with some facts. I don't see him that often, so it will have to be at another function the family has.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.