Montgomery TX pool & patio build!

Blay,

Those numbers don't seem too far out based on what I just had a week ago for my fill. It won't be a problem getting them in order even with the high TA. That will start to ease down with the pH roller coaster.

Bleach and MA (2 packs at Lowe's and HD- buy a couple as you will use a few gallons in the first week alone) will be your first purchases. At least your CH is already up a little, I had very little in my fill but it was easy to bring up.

If you do to the end of my thread and see my numbers at the end, you will see what I added over the first week each day.

It will all make sense and you will feel at ease within the first week with only lingering questions on the little things.

i'm still at the mercy of the PB since they are in control of everything at this point. However I have been testing the water when i get home from work.

So the plaster was done and the pool was filled on 10/26. They came out and loaded it up with acid that friday, 10/27. No pumps or anything. Just acid and brush and I brushed it twice a day after that.

They came back on Wednesday, 11/1 and fired up the pump and I assume added more acid. Of course by that time, there is what i think is algae growing.

As of this morning, 11/3, the water is already much clearer but there is still green stuff on the horizontal surfaces. I know you dont want a bunch of FC in there with fresh plaster, but geez it needs some right?! Kind of disheartening to see the algae and be at their mercy. Hoping to get home early today and check the numbers, then I'm going to get on the phone with the service company and get more details....

Tested the water yesterday evening and got:

FC - 0
PH - 6.8
TA - 60 (way down from the fill water test)
CH - 350

I have the TF100 kit. Didnt test anything else....

I've had the same problem with my start up guy. Doing our turn over tomorrow.

First day after fill, start up guy brought the pump online, put some jack's magic in and put a few pucks in the skimmer. Fine. Ok. I'll go with it but I still tested a couple of times a day expecting a visit every other day or so with how quickly the levels change initially. I was wrong. pH rose quickly so I went out and bought some MA to at least keep the levels in a respectable range. After awhile, I noticed the FC levels getting higher than I was comfortable with so I got rid of the remainders of the pucks in the skimmer.

The start up guy guy stopped by about 5-6 days after the first visit. I was home and told him what I had added and such. He didn't seem to mind. He vacuumed the pool and put some more pucks in which I quickly threw away.

Ive been adding MA, bleach, and a dose of calcium chloride over the last 2 weeks and haven't seen the start up guy sibpnce the second visit. I'm guessing they realize I'm taking over anyways.

My take is that I'm the one that has to live with the pool for an extended time and deal with any warranty issues if the levels aren't kept in range. The first few weeks are seem to be most important to me. I would get some bleach and MA in there and get control of the FC and pH even if the service guys are doing their thing.

Well my son turned 3 yesterday and we had a successful backyard party. We really love our new space and cant wait for spring time!

Since I've left off, the service company has still been maintaining our pool; the plaster and water look really good. I was really worried there for a while with the streaking and splotchy plaster but it has come around and looks amazing now. I'll try to get some full sun photos later. As of this week i'll be on my own for maintenance so i'll probably be around more until i get the hang of things. Thanks again everyone!

Had a minimal amount of landscaping done to help things look a bit more complete. Sorry for the photos in a weird time of day with shadows everywhere, but i think you get the idea. I think the final thing that we're doing out here is to have a mesh fence installed around the pool. Really tried not to have to do it, but our little guy is just too dang elusive despite our best efforts. All our friends have little kids and I think it'll make everyone feel a little more at ease in the backyard. Ready to stop bleeding money though!!

Rocks around equipment

Rocks in the "pond" created by the new sidewalk

Around the pool. We didnt ask for the plants, but i'm glad he threw some in.

Should have the fence installed on Saturday. See yall then!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys!

We decided it was probably best to go ahead and fence in the pool to keep the littles out when they escape our watch. Had that done over the weekend. That should be our last big item for this project. Ready for warm weather and to start enjoying this dang thing.

came out looking great.... have you thought about covering the pool equipment pad with a shed? I know pool equipment is made to withstand the outdoors for a long time but it was my pet peeve since my equipment would get sun light all day long, I spent maybe $500 in material and build it myself, and gave me a piece of mind lol...

equip.jpg

shed1.jpg

shed.jpg

Hey guys, a bit of an update now that we're getting some sun and warm days finally!

I wanted to show how the plaster has cured and the color it finally settled on. It seemed like it changed almost every day during the first startup month. Again this is Wet Edge Luna Quartz St. Maarten.

Here is the sun shelf, so the water is only about 6" deep or so.

Same area, just a bit closer. You can see the black and dark blue aggregate in there that really darken it up.

Here is a good shot that shows the color gradient on the steps as it gets deeper. And that sparkling TFP water!

Well its getting to be swimming time, see yall around!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.