Pool Plumbing

Jun 15, 2009
Hi guys,
Hopefully someone can help, I'm in the UK and have an Above ground pool Bestway, I have my pool plumbed in standard domestic 40mm pipe, however I have just purchased a MEGA 1\2Hp pump and the fittings that come with that are thicker walled pool plumbing, is there a reducer to reduce down to standard 40mm, and if so where from and what would it be called

Many thanks in advance

Yeah, me too. I thought that pipe was one of those things that was almost universally inch measured. Even British Standard Pipe (BSP) sizes are inch. I guess 40mm is almost a coupla mickeymeters shy of 1-1/4 inch (41.9-ish mm).

We'd still need to know the pipe size on the MEGA.

40mm is 1.57" we are in complete limbo in the UK, We can get a mixture of both, DIY stores only sell 40mm and trade shops sell both flavours. the internal diameter though is not the question.
The external diameter of pool 1 1\2" is much greater than that of uk domestic plumbing, all I need to know is it there a reducer available?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.