Here we GO!! Conversion starting TODAY July 21st!

Re: Here we GO!! Conversion starting TODAY!

It may take several doses to start changing colors, I know mine did. Just keep adding bleach to keep it at shock level every hour or so. The baquacil is consuming the bleach quickly at this point.

After an hour, here are my results...

FC: 2
CC: Not Tested
TC: Not Tested
pH: 8.2 Do I need to bring this down? Will it hurt the conversion to do it in the middle?
TA: 150
TEMP: 78

Gonna add the 2.1 jugs of bleach as the pool calc says and hopefully see some color changes this time... PICS to follow!

Here's the link again to the pics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pitguy3/se ... 763801706/

Good Luck! Keep dumping the bleach in.
As far as the PH is concerned, I think as long as the FC is below 5, you can adjust it.
Let someone else confirm that though before you do.

Yes, you can adjust the PH any time the FC level is below 5 (lower is better). Ideally you want the PH to be between 7.2 and 7.4. The great majority of the time the PH will stay put once you get it adjusted once.

You are probably getting a "false high" PH reading. I'd say just let it go for now. I didn't mess with it during my conversion, and after my conversion it stabilized itself.

Oh, sorry, just saw where you're FC was 2, you may want to go ahead and adjust your PH. JasonlLion is right, he and Duraleigh gave me great advice during my conversion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

You need MORE bleach! The goo is burning through it! :whip:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.