Here we GO!! Conversion starting TODAY July 21st!

Yep, looks like a conversion in progress. Keep up the good work.

I went through about 60 bottles of bleach to complete mine. That may have been a little overkill, because I hadn't ordered my test kit yet and was just guessing. Probably took a week or a little over to complete. It looks like your progressing nicely.

The cost in bleach was a little more expensive than I had estimated, but since the conversion, I only use 1 large jug every 2 days. I tend to keep my chlorine levels a little on the higher side because I don't cover my pool. So my chemical cost went from about $150+ a month with baquacil to about $40+ or- using bleach. Talk about a savings!

No, don't worry about the PH. You will get a misleading reading when the FC level is high, so your PH is probably fine.

Your CC level has been coming down nicely, it looks like you are making great progress!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
8:45 update

FC: 16
CC: 3

Gonna see what it holds at now.. Headed to bed... Hard day being "The Mad Scientist".. LOL!!

Never added anything after the 5:10 update... It's been holding at 15 since then... We did have a little rain but nothing major.. Guess we'll see in the morning..

BTW, the bottom is SOOOO clear!! Can't wait to show yall!!

I now have a new question... As I stated in a previous thread, I had water mold when I was using Bacquagoo... In the process of removing the mold, I had to replace the sand.. Now.. With that being said, since the sand was only exposed to the goo for 2 weeks, do I need to change it again when it is normally done when converting to chlorine? I have already bought it, just curious.. I can always us it somewhere else!

Thanks in advance!!

pitguy3 said:
I now have a new question... As I stated in a previous thread, I had water mold when I was using Bacquagoo... In the process of removing the mold, I had to replace the sand.. Now.. With that being said, since the sand was only exposed to the goo for 2 weeks, do I need to change it again when it is normally done when converting to chlorine? I have already bought it, just curious.. I can always us it somewhere else!

Thanks in advance!!

Yes, you'll still have to change the sand again. Wait until the FC holds overnight before you do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.