New Pool/Spa Build - Temecula, CA

Kim - Yes!! I do! Will post pictures tomorrow with our patio furniture finally out! We got the concrete sealed finally so everything could be put back out! So glad to be able to park in my garage again. :) It looks so much nicer with furniture outside. I’m still in denial this is our backyard/pool. Doesn’t feel real.

We are planning on heating up the spa tomorrow since we are hosting xmas eve. It has been 21 days since water fill up and it hasbeen 54 degree water temp. I’m assuming the pebblesheen is okay to heat now?? PB told us 30 days but PT website says 14 days. We have been brushing daily. I don’t see a reason why not to use it but do let me know if we should wait.

Wow your builder sure made the most out of that space! What an oasis you'll be saving a ton on vacations! Did they ever upgrade you to the 1400 cell? The costs really would have been minimal with your build.

Yes! We went with this PB because it definitely utilized our limited space the most! The design gave a purpose (walkway) to the area next to our retaining wall since the footing underground wouldn’t allow us to build right next up to the wall. It allowed us to use some of the slope space for a grotto and more purpose to the bank with the rock waterfall/slide and jumping plateforms. We are happy with how it came out. It wasn’t the smoothest journey and ended up being 7K over our original quote due to a measuring error with our air conditioning unit planter. Had to work extra OT pharmacy shifts and teach more cookie decorating classes to pay for the extra costs but the last few months of torture are worth it. ;)

They did upgrade us to the 1400 with no additional costs but the sensor is faulty so we are waiting for warranty to send a new one and PB will switch it out. So there is salt in the water but no working SWCG right now. Not sure it would do much anyways with the water temp so low.

Looks great! I know a nurse Nursenini who also worked extra shifts to pay for goodies and extras.

Be glad you have the ability to work more got bring in some extra. Teachers don't unless we take on a whole new job.

Yes. I’ve worked 2 jobs (1 full time and 1 part time) the last 2 years. We just decided to stop our cookie side business this next year. Takes way too long decorating cookies and teaching classes is a lot of prep work so we haven’t had a lot of family time. Looking forward to spending more time out in our new pool/spa.
- - - Updated - - -

When you brush do you see ANY dust at all from the plaster? That is what we worry about with the heater. No dust=heat that bad boy up!!!

I can't wait to see the finished project!

Kim:kim:

We don’t see anymore dust and we made sure to manually vacuum before heating today. Everything looks fine and it has been fun using the spa. :)

0A1CD548-8873-4E15-8D21-BA9DE121C041.jpg85ECA854-2520-41DC-9517-725E3936D463.jpgD2D29621-0C31-4244-BB54-42BBFAFDD718.jpg5BF1FC3C-5D22-420C-A38B-4D3EBFF1AD1D.jpg5591612A-3CD7-40DD-8624-49223104E501.jpg97DA7227-4CDA-4329-8CF2-2815309D65D7.jpgDE947C66-A3B9-4144-8E89-7E99C0A67007.jpg30844CD0-1DC1-480B-8C4E-B796FC24D8FD.jpg

Spa Heating Time!!
14EAE802-07E1-44A4-A6D2-2AF1A733DAD3.jpg

Merry Christmas! Cookie craziness is the reason why I need to use the spa so bad! These suckers have killed my neck/back!! So painful. May you all enjoy time with your families! Thanks for all the help/support during our pool build. Will need it more as we continue to figure out the chemistry aspect of pool ownership.
7A68BC10-7873-4634-969E-D8163F54CEF2.jpg

Wow, just wow....love the setup! Are you conducting the startup or PB? Our plaster is just one week old and yes, I am brushing. Not twice a day but all day! Tempting to drop bot to suck all the dust particles but nah! I am determined to go by the NPC start-up procedures. At this time of the year, our city water CH dropped down to 125 compared to 175 ppm last summer. Hope you are closely monitoring your pool water chemistry.

Obviously, your wheeled suction cleaner is deployed and so I am guessing your PT is ready. Else, ouch!

oohhhh...look at those x'mas cookies, sooooo cute, yum, yum! Making x'mas cookies has been our family tradition. Me....I just eat them! It's really fun but tedious and time consuming. Kids love to decorate and of course, make a big mess.

Merry Christmas to all...

We are still being monitored every couple of days by our pool builder. We have had pool filled for over 21 days. PebbleSheen has been brushed multiple times daily for this whole time and no dust comes up for awhile now. The PB put in our robot during “pool school”. We were instructed to keep brushing well. Its been in for awhile now with no marks. The pool chemistry is to the PB standards - obviously once it is turned over to us we will follow the TFP guidlines.

Merry Christmas to you too. Enjoy eating those cookies! :)

Wow, just wow....love the setup! Are you conducting the startup or PB? Our plaster is just one week old and yes, I am brushing. Not twice a day but all day! Tempting to drop bot to suck all the dust particles but nah! I am determined to go by the NPC start-up procedures. At this time of the year, our city water CH dropped down to 125 compared to 175 ppm last summer. Hope you are closely monitoring your pool water chemistry.

Obviously, your wheeled suction cleaner is deployed and so I am guessing your PT is ready. Else, ouch!

oohhhh...look at those x'mas cookies, sooooo cute, yum, yum! Making x'mas cookies has been our family tradition. Me....I just eat them! It's really fun but tedious and time consuming. Kids love to decorate and of course, make a big mess.

Merry Christmas to all...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Holli!! WOW! You get to live there? It looks like a resort! LOVE IT ALL! I want to sit here and here and here. Jump in the spa and slide down the slide WEEEEEEEEE!

Now those cookies....................you made those? They are too pretty to eat! You have mad skills! How long does it take to make say the tree one with the pink (on the left side of the pic? The stocking with the stars...........what do you use to make the stars? WOW I would have no idea how do any of that and now I know someone that does! NEAT!

I let my Kindergarten kids decorate their cookies.....frosting and sprinkles.......everywhere.........nose, eyebrows, EVERYWHERE............but they love it and wet wipes clean them up again so it is all good.

Thanks Kim!! I’m so looking forward to summer time! I don’t know how long I will have to wait to use the pool. My 7 year old and I did jump into the 53 degree water for fun. We high tailed it out of there fast and jumped back into the spa. Polar bear swim dare! Need to research a pool cover so we can heat up the pool and not lose all of the heat. It was in the mid 70’s this week but it gets too cold at night. Let me know if you have any tips for what type of cover to get. ;)

Yep I made those cookies. It took me 4 days straight (15 to 18 hrs daily) to make all the holiday cookies for our cookie sale. I killed my neck by looking down icing cookies for so long. It’s still feeling messed up, may need to go get a massage. This past year I taught classes instead of accepting so many orders. It was rewarding but tiring. It helped us get our pool but now we want more free time to use it so we decided to close our cookie business. The pink tree isn’t as detailed so that one is 3 separate steps (allow dry time for the tree sections so they don’t all merge together). The stars on the stocking is airbrushed on. The red part of the stocking has to dry for 8 hrs in order to airbrush with a stencil. These type of cookies require lots of planning. I usually start a few days before they are due to allow adequate dry time for the steps. Then packaging time. ;) I laugh when kids decorate cookies. They just love to dump lots of sprinkles all over the cookie! They are always so proud of their creations...it’s so cute!

Holli!! WOW! You get to live there? It looks like a resort! LOVE IT ALL! I want to sit here and here and here. Jump in the spa and slide down the slide WEEEEEEEEE!

Now those cookies....................you made those? They are too pretty to eat! You have mad skills! How long does it take to make say the tree one with the pink (on the left side of the pic? The stocking with the stars...........what do you use to make the stars? WOW I would have no idea how do any of that and now I know someone that does! NEAT!

I let my Kindergarten kids decorate their cookies.....frosting and sprinkles.......everywhere.........nose, eyebrows, EVERYWHERE............but they love it and wet wipes clean them up again so it is all good.

3, 12+hour days????? Yeah time to move on so you can enjoy your family and home/pool! Did you have a room set up just for the cookie making/decorating?

LOL on the kids and sprinkles. I do "limit" how many by putting their share in a small cup. What they do with them is up to them. Of course there are always a couple that will just dump the whole cup in their mouth LOL They are their sprinkles so it is their chose. Fun times for all!

Covers-after many years of several people buying and trying all kinds of covers from this to that it has been found it is best to just buy the cheapest one! The more expensive ones do not last any longer! So far the longest anyone gets out of a cover is 3 yrs with most lasting only 2yrs before they start falling apart. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.