Okay, so my hubby just took a sample of our water to the pool store and they gave him shock and pH lower. I told him before he went not to accept them telling him anything about phosphates, as I read here that they are pretty much useless. Here are the results of the test:
Total alkalinity: over
Calcium hardness: 192
Free chlorine or Total chlorine: 0.64
Cyanuric acid: 58
How bad does that look? The water has been irritating the kids' eyes and it's not as sparkly as it was last week. I'm freaking out because I don't want it to be a troubled pool!