Best pool cleaner for LARGE debris

Hi,
you might want to try a poolskim. If you keep your pump running a lot this may clear up the tree mess before it sinks. I am considering one myself. We have an oak tree that drops a lot of leaves and acorns and some flowering behemoth that drops tiny little tissue paper thin blooms by the thousands. I have Zodiac inline leaf canister but that is only good for keeping large debris out of the pump basket while I vacuum.

A pool skim helps (I have actually modified my leaf cleaner that you use in the spring opening) but I want something that will do this even after they fall in. I do not run my pool filter 24/7 and I cannot be around all the time to be sure it stays clear. Short of getting myself a pool boy.....or better yet, a pool girl trying to make her way through college, I want to get something that won't stop on larger debris.

I am assuming you have a suction side setup.
The Polaris pressure side seems to do a better job on debris with the booster pump.
What I have is a POOLVERGNUEGEN ThePoolCleaner (4 wheel) suction and it actually does pretty good on larger things. Large twigs will stop the turbine (get jammed in there), and a batch of leaves will plug the hole, but normally acorns, small twigs, even large leathery oak leaves (one at a time) won't stop it up.
It is way better on debris than my Hayward ultra was, but not near as good at covering the pool as the Ultra was. It seems to cover the whole pool (only about half way up the walls) but takes 8 hours to do what the Ultra did in 3. But I find I have less "declogging" of the cleaner to do also.

other than a cleaner...I have the same problem, with lots of leaves...we keep a solar cover on the pool when we are not around and catches the leaves before they hit the water...I know it's a pain, but it sure beats cleaning with a leaf rake or overloading our robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.