fiber optic lighting

May 13, 2008
I have a fiber optic light in my inground vinyl pool. The light it gives has been inferior since installation, but lately it seems worse. The lens in the pool appears to have algea inside it. Does anyone know if I can remove the lens & clean it without having to worry about water enetering the area when I remove the lens. Also, does anyone know if the inferior lighting is normal, obviously the dealer recommended this lighting (they are now out of business) or perhaps I could do something else to enhance the lighting effect. The pool is 18x38 grecian. Thanks, Any help is appreciated :?

I have a similar setup with fiberoptic lights in the pool wall (3) and a perimeter light around the rim. I too (after 9 seasons) had a terrible amount of algae inside the lens. I did finally get up the nerve to remove it and clean everything as best as I could. I have not had any ill effects from the cleaning, but my light unit is quite a bit higher than the pool level and maybe that kept any water from crawling up into the unit. If you get any algae in the pool, I would jump on it quickly. It made a TREMENDOUS amount of difference in my lighting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.