LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Over the last ten years TFP has helped thousands of members maintain their pools. During this time Texans have played a prominent role in this growth. Day after day we see new members from the LoneStar state join TFP eager to learn. Over the last week we’ve sat in horror as we watched story after story from Houston. We knew we wanted to help in some way.

At first I started thinking how could TFP play to our strengths and provide just a touch of joy to the area. Time after time thoughts of swimming crept into my mind. Unfortunately I felt this would simply cause a burden on responders as they would now need to maintain pool water in addition to all the other tasks they are providing. I crossed this idea off the list and started brainstorming focusing on things we do the best. As I surfed the forum one thread kept catching my eye, one that focused on BBQ. What a better way to bring joy AND nutrition to those who need it the most than a good ole BBQ!!

Operation BBQ Relief strives to provide compassion, and offer hope and friendship to those whose lives have been affected by disasters across the United States. They leverage their expertise in cooking and catering barbecue meals with their ability to quickly mobilize teams into any area where disaster disrupts and tears apart the lives of Americans. TFP wants to do a small part and make sure this group has the supplies and funds they need to continue to provide meals to those who need it the most. During the month of September 100% of every donation made to TFP will go to Operation BBQ Relief to assist those in the Houston area. In addition to all the perks you would normally receive from supporting TFP you will now also help those who have lost everything. Please visit CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! and simply donate as you always would. All donations will be sent to Operation BBQ. We ask that you please dig deep and donate all you can to help.

Texans have time and time again supported us here at TFP......now it’s our turn to support them!! I hope to have more information shortly on Operation BBQ Relief and the impact they’re having in Houston very shortly.

Thank you greatly in advance from the entire team at TFP!!!

I'm smoking meats I'm so ecstatic about it -

95330414b09cb1a16524e3149e3a4b08.jpg

af7542aa246ff8597d5b63c5bde48ea5.jpg

Danny will provide the use of his portable Smoker -

7600f7ec20a1d46a48e3c4d40d48c8a2.jpeg

And Brian will send as many of these units as possible -

4d55769f375a90ad1b27a2e56e519112.jpeg

(Cuz Californians have no idea how to BBQ anything...)

I am donating $25. For each tfp member that matches my donation I will donate $10 up to $100 on my part[emoji2] to all tfp members I challenge you to do the same[emoji2]

I always wanted a Gold Badge to go with my Lifetime Badge. I love Operation BBQ and what they do to assist in disasters.

Currently without a pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Leebo, and everyone who is donating to OBR, thank you! I know these guys and gals that are involved with OBR and what they are doing is fantastic work. I've mentioned once before that I am a Kansas City BBQ Society competition judge and contest representative. These are people who cook on the KCBS circuit as well as local restaurant owners who want to help. In addition to funds and food if anyone is in the Texas area and has time they can use volunteer help as well. Yesterday they had their largest day ever - somewhere around 45,000 meals! I didn't watch the video above and they may have mentioned exactly how many it was. I had a Facebook post earlier today with the exact numbers. The point of that was to stop and think how much manpower it takes to make that many plates of food. Not a sandwich and chips, but pulled pork, chicken or turkey, usually, then beans, potato salad, bread and dessert. They can use the "feet on the grounds" help as well as money. If you are interested you can sign up to be a volunteer should they ever need to deploy in your area. Last year there was a bbq contest in West Virginia two weeks before the floods there. Many of the cook teams that had competed returned to cook for victims and rescuers there. They go where ever a good, hot meal is needed. I can't tell you how special this group is and what amazing individuals are behind all of this. We met friends for dinner tonight, fellow KCBS judges, and they were telling us that they had given one of the cooks who was deploying, $100 for gas. The cook told them, "oh no, I could never take money for gas, this $100 will feed 100 people". They won't take money for themselves. They will tell you how life-altering it can be to feed a person who has lost everything. To sit at a table and listen to their stories. I'll stop, now, I can't believe you may have read this far but I want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for choosing this organization to support. If anyone has any questions or concerns please, feel free to reach out and ask.

Here is the latest update from Operation BBQ Relief in Houston:
Here is a 60 second mash up from last night. So proud of all our Volunteers and their accomplishments.
Total Hot BBQ Meals yesterday - 55,575
A single day output record!
Total Hot BBQ Meals for the 8 days - 303,160
We need your help. Please register to volunteer.
https://operationbbqrelief.org/apis/volunteer
If you don't have time and can donate we need monetary donations
https://operationbbqrelief.org/apis/volunteer/donation

They are making preparations to stage for Florida now. If you can help in any way please do so. We'll keep you updated in the coming days.
Julie

Julie,

Thank you greatly for the update! I’ve been watching updates on Facebook and they are awesome results! 40k-50k plates of food a day served. They’re already planning efforts in Florida too. I’m glad TFP can do a small part.

As a reminder, TFP is donating all of the donations this month to Operation BBQ relief so if you’ve been eyeballing any of the perks TFP offers, now’s the perfect time! Texas and Florida have been a major part of TFP so let’s now help them out!!

General Donation, any amount
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="_blank">
<input name="cmd" value="_s-xclick" type="hidden">
<input name="hosted_button_id" value="E5PQYDZFAWNGG" type="hidden">
<input src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!" border="0" type="image">
pixel.gif

</form>

There have only been 8 people responding to this thread/worthy cause after a week. Is there any way we can get it in some sort of banner on home page or anything else for better exposure? It was 4 or 5 days before I even saw it.

How much money has been raised by TFP for Operation BBQ? Last I saw they were cooking 50,000 + meals a day!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.