TFP helping after Hurricane Harvey and Irma

How much money has been raised by TFP for Operation BBQ? Last I saw they were cooking 50,000 + meals a day!

I was holding off answering this until I was able to have more of an answer. This month I’ve never been more proud of TFP and it’s members as you’ve stepped up and crushed the previous “record” for the most donations made in Sept. Matter of fact, it wasn’t even close! Over the last few days I’ve been following Operation BBQ and they’ve started assisting in Florida. After talking to Rebecca we both agreed to get OBR the funds now.

10565F80-60CD-4A99-A176-C6ADED260422.jpg

Today we sent a donation to Operation BBQ for the donations made so far this month. I’ll continue to keep everything updated and we’ll make another donation at the end of the month. Please visit here or click the button below if you wish to donate this month as all funds will go directly to Operation BBQ.
General Donation, any amount
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="_blank">
<input name="cmd" value="_s-xclick" type="hidden">
<input name="hosted_button_id" value="E5PQYDZFAWNGG" type="hidden">
<input src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!" border="0" type="image">
pixel.gif

</form>

I cannot tell you how much this means to all of those affected and how proud I am to be a small part of this AMAZING group.

I'm a little late to the party - just happened to check in and saw this thread. Thank you, Lee and Rebecca. You guys are amazing! TFP is the best ever.

This was my first time to hear about OBR, and I'm so impressed. My little neighborhood was an island during Harvey, so we were spared the destruction within a mile around us and elsewhere across the Houston area. It was heartbreaking to watch Irma strike Florida soon after. I can only imagine how appreciative folks are who received a generous hot meal cooked and served by kind and compassionate volunteers. My retired Marine son just told me that OBR served military units near his post during his Afghan deployment. I never knew that.

Take care,
Suz

Suz, thank you greatly for sharing about your son! I too never knew they helped serve those overseas as well. Clearly a class act much like members of TFP!!

I’ve heard back from Operation BBQ today who were very appreciative of our donation. Additionally they let us know that all donations are being used to feed those in need right now.

Where are they now? Why Florida of course! There are still 11 days to donate to TFP in September and have your donations go to Operation BBQ Relief.

Update:

9/17/2017:

Operation BBQ Relief needs your help. We have spent the last 3 weeks in full blown disaster mode. We are taxing our volunteers, sponsors, partners, and equipment. We have served over 417,000 Hot BBQ Meals in two disasters. It is hot and I mean real hot and humid in Southwest Florida. It is wearing our volunteers down. We need volunteers to help over the next week so we can continue to help make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by Hurricane Irma and the first responders. If you can spare some time please volunteer. If you don't have the time please consider a monetary donation.
To Volunteer:
https://operationbbqrelief.org/apis/volunteer
Or
Text "obr" to 51555
To Donate:
https://operationbbqrelief.org/apis/volunteer/donation
Or
Text "obr " to 41444

9/18/2017:

FLORIDA DEPLOYMENT UPDATE: Operation BBQ Relief volunteers served 20,150 meals to victims and first responders affected by Hurricane Irma. This brings our 5 day total to 63,400 meals served, 11,500 of which were airlifted to the hardest hit areas of southern Florida. We cannot thank our dedicated volunteers enough who are battling the Florida heat and humidity. Stay safe brothers and sisters!
It is still early in hurricane season. These last two deployments have been really taxing on our resources. We need your help to ensure we don't run into any hiccups when future needs arise!
To donate, text OBR to 41444 or visit https://operationbbqrelief.org/apis/volunteer/donation.
To volunteer, text OBR to 51555, download the mobile app "OBR Volunteers" or visit https://operationbbqrelief.org/volunteer/.

Another amazing first for Operation BBQ Relief. We heard about the needs down in the Keys and have been trying to figure out how to get food to those people who are in dire straights. Traditional methods of delivering food were not an option. As many of you have been following, we have airlifted meals in small personal aircrafts maxing at a couple hundred meals at a time. We knew we had to do more. We reached out to FedEx. Within a day we had an answer, FedEx was there to help. They enabled us to take up to 10,000 meals a day to those in need. What an amazing caring group of people who understand their role in the world and how to make it a better place by doing what they can do. It reminded us a lot of the volunteers of Operation BBQ Relief and how they use their god-given talents in disasters for the betterment of those in need. We cannot be more appreciative of FedEx's flying in and helping Operation BBQ Relief get meals down into the keys. Thank Q FedEx!

Once again the group at TFP simply amazes me. I thank each of you who have stepped up and donated to TFP this month AND in the past. Donations are the lifeline of any non-profit. Donations are what keeps TFP Ad free. While TFP would greatly benefit from the donations made this month we felt it was the right thing to donate the funds to those who need it far more. TFP members time and time again have shown that they’re willing to donate to keep TFP up and running. This month you’ve again shown how awesome each of you really are!

Thank you again!
Lee

As Rebecca and I started discussing this idea a month ago the first thing I did was to look at past years to see what sort of donations we may expect. Seeing the last few years TFP had received around $500-$600 in donations I had expected we would be making a $1000 donation to Operation BBQ at the end of September. This group proved me wrong. As I hit submit earlier this month for $1500 I was incredibly proud of the group. But you didn’t stop.

This morning I submitted another donation to Operation BBQ for just over $1800 from the members of TFP. This put the total donation to over $3300 to assist in feeding those who’s lives were changed forever. Thank You!
OBR2.jpg
I cannot tell you how proud I am to be a small part of this amazing group! Thank You!!

Lee

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.