HAYWARD GAS HEATER

GP252

Jul 20, 2009
Hello all, looking for some help. I have a hayward h350 IDL2 gas heater. It is wired direct to fuse panel, no timer in between. Keeps blowing F2 fuse when i turn it on. Replaced fuse still blows. Replaced transformer still blows. Talked to hayward tech on phone,went through some tests with him and he said was transformer, bought new transformer installed and still blew same fuse. Im at wits end with this thing. Please help.
Thanks greg

First thought is, put a GFCI breaker within easy reach of the heater.

No idea on the fuse issue. Is the unit clean, or are there objects in the wiring that could be creating continuity/short between connections?

Wiring goes through house about 5 feet into panel with circuit protected breaker. No breaks or anything touching, it has been running fine for 2 months then all of a sudden this issue.

I TOOK OUT BOTH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY PINS TO THE FUSE BOARD. TURNED ON POWER TO UNIT, FUSE DIDNT BLOW. THEN I PLUGGED IN PRIMARY PIN FROM TRANSFORMER FUSE STILL DIDNT BLOW, WHEN I PLUGGED IN THE SECONDARY PIN THE FUSE BLEW, THAT IS WERE IM AT.

THANK EVERYONE SO FAR FOR THE HELP ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

Could be something on the board, but you'll need to disconnect everything from the board except the transformer, then reconnect each component one at a time. Here's the diagram:[attachment=0:3puo89m4]H350 Wiring.JPG[/attachment:3puo89m4]

Attachments

• H350 Wiring.JPG
    H350 Wiring.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 155

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay guys heater is fixed. It turned out to be a bad fuse board, had to replace for 165.00 bucks but all working fine. Thanks for all the help. Ordered part from swimmingpoolsetc.com lowest price out there on that part

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.