Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A.G. inpool chairs??

1. Back To Top    #1

A.G. inpool chairs??

This may sound odd ...but does anyone know of any company out there makes a stool or chair that is safe fo above ground pools and thier liners ??? What I want is a couple of chairs or stools to sit on inside the pool and enjoy a FEW cold ones (WHEN ITS ADULT TIME) ! I thought about PVC and constructing something that way but i thought I would ask first

MAYBE SOMEONE JUST NEEDS TO me on the head!!
    'If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a soldier'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A.G. inpool chairs??

What about pool noodle seats... cheap mesh seats that hook onto a cheap noodle... No possible way to damage liner...
    like this

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

think that would support a grown man ?? I was thinking of a bit more stationary and solid feel ....like a short barstool !!!
    'If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a soldier'

4. Back To Top    #4

I used to be a pretty full-grown mermaid, and a noodle would support me! They are surprisingly buoyant.

I would be afraid to mix chairs/stools and booze in a pool... just asking for a liner tear, IMHO!

Others may have differing opinions...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

TMQ I have never seen a chair like that !! I think I will get me one ..... Who brings you your drinks though ??
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

6. Back To Top    #6

A single noodle will not keep a guy out of the water, perhaps just you head. Two will probably get my shoulders out.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is my pool seat. It has a mesh center so you don't fall out the bottom.

No Kids Allowed!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

i got 1 of those noodle seats and they work great for me. i weigh over 300 lbs and they held me up fine. i used the oversize noodles. i had the regular noodles and they still keep me floating but it sinks at about halfway, but it stays there.
    18' 52" deep laguna agp with pentair 1 1/2 hp pump and 22" filter, intex swg

9. Back To Top    #9

Make one out of PVC and attach foam on the bottom so it does not hurt the liner.
    You could but some concrete in the bottom part of the legs to keep the chair from floating away.
    Use nylon straps for the seat and seat back. You could add a cup holder or piggy back Keg holder if needed for more than one person . Just don't drink so much that you forget which way is out of the pool.