Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,

Just put in all new equipment as some of you heard. This is what I have:

18,000 gallon IG pool plaster.
Intelliflo VF-3050 pump
Quad DE 80 Filter
Intellichlor IC40
EasyTouch 4 controller

I'm currently running the controller set for a 18k gallon pool and turning it over once for 20 hours out of the 24 hour day. This is giving me a flow rate of 15gpm and my Intellichlor is working perfect sensing the flow and all. My pool is crystal clear and everything seems fine. My pool lady told me today that my Salt levels are at 3800ppm and they should be around 3000ppm???

My question is: Is it ok to run it this slow? I get positive flow out of my filter unit and the intellichlor flow switch detects it as enough flow. Or should I run it faster for shorter periods?
I had 2 pool guys who installed all this and 1 guy says to run it for 6 hours a day and that's it and the other says long and slow 20-22hrs. a day.

Can someone please please clarify this?

Also I'm not sure how stable everything is because it's only been a week, but so far so good.

Thanks,

Mike

Low and slow will use less electricity and could save on your electric bill depending on where you live. 6 hours or 20 hours, either is fine as long as the water is clear and you get at least one turn over.

Test your own salt with the strips offered from TFTestkits.net and order the TF100 while you are there if you don't already have it.

Check with your Electric company, they may offer a rebate for the Intelliflo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.