Adding M.Acid and Bleach

sredish

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
North of Dallas
Can I add the acid and bleach one after the other or should I give some time between adding the two.

I added 2 gallons of acid this morning and the PH late this afternoon is still 8. I was going to add another gallon this evening and then a little more chlorine as it's at 0.5. The CYA was measuring pretty good this afternoon, around 70 and the Alk is high.

Just FYI, it's a fairly new pool and I'm working on getting it balanced for the first time. My SWG has not been able to keep up as my PH was out of sight, the sun is right out in the wide open hot texas sun and I have two waterfalls (one's only on part of the time). So, I'm going to get the Chl and PH balanced manually then let the SWG take over the chlorine duties once it's balanced.

JasonLion said:
You can add acid and bleach fairly close together, they both disperse into the water comparatively quickly. Pour slowly and give a couple of minutes between and you should be fine.

Awesome. Thanks again JL. Turned the SWG on an hour ago. Then just added 1 gallon of M Acid and 2 gallons of chl and then I'll check it in the morning. Hopefully I'll have some decent numbers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.