2 Speed Pump w/Polaris

Jul 20, 2009
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and could use some advice. We are considering replacing our 14 year old 1.5 hp pump for a newer 2 speed, but the pool store is telling us that it will not generate enough flow at low speed to drive the Polaris even with the booster pump. Has anyone here had any experience using a 2 speed pump with a Polaris pool cleaner?
Thanks,
Southland

That's an interesting question. My guess would be that you'll be just fine on low speed because the booster pump doesn't require a lot of water flow, it mostly generates pressure, but I'm sure someone on the forum has a 2-speed pump and a pressure side APC so I'll wait with you to hear from them.

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Thanks for the info. I actually heard back from the Polaris folks and thier response was in line with yours. They said as long as the booster pump received a minimum of 8-10 gpms, the cleaner would work normally. Again, thanks for your help. This site is a wealth of info.
Southland

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.