Algae Problem is it okay to go in?

-kj-

Jul 19, 2009
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum but have been on as a guest for a while. I believe i have black algae spores on the bottom of my pool. Is it okay to go in the water to scrub it with the brush? Thanks for the help.

reebok said:
I would say yes, but you're lacking info to make an informed decision.
pool-school/read_before_you_post
if you're just going to use a brush, I would use it on the end of a pole if you have one. if I was going in, I would scrub with a brush first then use a trichlor puck. worked in about 2 or 3 days for me.

Thanks for replying,
Yea I saw that and I am working on figuring out all that information. I am using the stone type brush on the end of a pole but it just seems easier to go in.

Hi, kj,

Welcome to the forum.

I know I'm being a nag, but you must cure the source of the algae or it will simply return within days of you brushing it.

I'm sure your chlorine level is/has been too low but a full set of test results will help us get your water in shape so the algae won't return.

Well, I'm assuming you are asking if it's safe to go in while the FC is at shock level? Yes, you can go in at shock level, to brush the black algae, and if you're worried about your suit fading, then wear an old one (I don't think it would). Frequent brushing to expose the insides of the black algae to the chlorine is key, so if you need to get in to reach it, then get in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.