Ph Rising after putting weights in step ladder

irishal

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2009
Edmond, OK
So this is the only thing I can tie directly to my Ph rising in the last 2 weeks. My numbers have been at or near perfect for over a month
PH 7.4
TC 6
CC 0
CYA 50
TA 110
I put some old school metal barbell weights in under my steps to help hold them down about 2 weeks ago. In the last 2 weeks I've had to dump 32 oz each time of muriatic acid in twice to bring PH down from 7.8. It has rained a little bit here in OK the last week or so, but surely not enough to raise PH that much. I checked my numbers again today and they are all back in range. Should I yank those weights out from under the steps or is that just a coincidence??

IrishAl
22,100gallon AG
2.5HP pump

AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! :grrrr: :grrrr: :grrrr: :grrrr:
Talk about feeling like an absolute idiot!!! I read your reply and jumped up and yell "oh s$&t" and it dawned on me. Sure enough I yanked those things outa there and they were rusting pretty good. Is there anything I need to do to the water after getting them outa there?? Should I dump a metal sequestarant in there?
I now have 2 x 1 gallon empty bleach jugs with a little bleach in them filled with play sand holding the ladders down.
I've come so far with my pool, only to go and do something stupid like this. Hopefully I haven't harmed anything.

Cheers,
IrishAl.

22100 gallon AG
2.5 pump
no more cast iron weights holding down my steps :grrrr: :grrrr:

If you were careful removing them you may not have a problem. You'll certainly want to test of have your water tested for iron. you may be surprised at just how little you have. I wouldn't panic and add stuff till you know for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.