Testing chemicals went into pool?

Jul 19, 2009
Hello.
I know this might sound a bit embarrassing, but I was testing my pool today and the testing chemicals went into the pool. :/

I tried searching what to do on Google, but nothing showed up.

Help please?!

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" :lol: :lol:

Seriously, no harm done unless you spilled some very unlikely amount like in the gallon range.

Like Tiz said, the diltuion is so great, it renders almost anything pretty harmless

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask....I'm on a septic tank at home. After I run my tests, I run tap water in the sink, dump the beaker, rinse, dump, go the the next beaker, repeat. How nasty are these reagants? Any issue with it going in a SS sink, then PVC plumbing, then into septic? I've yet to see any issues on the sink itself, but I wonder just a bit each time I flush this stuff. I keep remembering what generated this thread which is the warning on my pH test not to put the chemicals back in the pool.

Some of the test chemicals could be dangerous in larger quantities. As long as you have the water running in the sink when you dump them out you will be fine. The OTO test is a mild carcinogen, some of the others are strong acids or bases, some are strong dyes that can easily stain things (but not SS or PVC). All of them will be easily neutralized and broken down in the septic system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.