New Build- want to include a small Lazy River

Most say when all done.. the stools never get used & take up too much swimming real estate.

That's how I think of them too.. I keep seeing pools built with a bazillion places to "sit" or "lounge" but the actual swimming and exercise in water play areas are getting smaller and smaller. Its like encouraging "pool potatoes" LOL

Maddie :flower:

That's how I think of them too.. I keep seeing pools built with a bazillion places to "sit" or "lounge" but the actual swimming and exercise in water play areas are getting smaller and smaller. Its like encouraging "pool potatoes" LOL

LOL! well that makes me feel better :D, I was going to extend the pool to 4 more ft if we were adding the bar as to not sacrifice too much swimming space but i think i can live without the bar stools.

On another note, the pool filled up over night and my PB showed up and gave me the job to brush this thing 3 times a day... He moved the slide into place and will be anchoring it in tomorrow. I think i will be looking at the Pool School section now. I'm actually not traveling this week so i'll be home to brush my life away on thing. He did dump 4 gallons of acid earlier today and said more chemicals would be dropped in tomorrow as well as the set up of the easytouch 8 with screen logic. Here's a couple of pics of this evening.

Pool Lights (1).JPG

Pool Lights (2).jpg

Well look at that! You did it! You have your own waterpark! What fun you will have playing in that! Have you seen this kind of brush?

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Devil-B3525-Corner-Brush/dp/B004L67NW2/ref=lp_1272984011_1_12?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1533548665&sr=1-12

I buy mine from Home Depot. I am thinking this will be purrfect for the lazy river ride area on the wall and spa angles. It would mean changing out the head but you sure do not want the regular brush's plastic rubbing on the walls leaving marks.

Kim:kim:

I've been away a while, just so busy with work. I thought i would update my build, as far as the pool builder is concerned he is now 100% complete, we had the bridge installed and the kids have just loved the pool. I still have landscaping to tackle but that will be a process. Here are some pics;

Original Yard:

Backyard 2016-1.jpg

YARD 2.jpg

Finished Lazy River Pool

Optimized-Finished (1).jpg

Optimized-Finished (4).jpg

Optimized-Finished (13).jpg

Optimized-Finished (7).jpg

Optimized-Finished (8).jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is there any propulsion in the lazy river to move one along??

We really considered it, but the pump is was going to run about $12k installed, we decided to hold off on that. We decided to go with a whisperflow 3HP pump to move the water along, there are 3 floor jets and 4 wall jets, it's a VERY lazy river lol.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the favorite part so far?? It all looks awesome!

Kim:kim:

Well before the alcohol kicks in, the lazy river is definitely fun, and after a few drinks, us adults get creative using the slide. Fortunately we are all still alive after some of the ideas lol. Wife loves the tanning ledge and spa. The kiddos love the slide and snorkeling through the river.

- - - Updated - - -

Wowsers! It looks fantastic! Better than many resorts and in your own backyard. Well done to your pb and you for making your vision a reality.

Thank you! Yes we are very happy with the quality and outcome of the pool. He added some spotter tiles throughout and along the bench in the spa which wasn't discussed but it turned out really nice and my wife loves it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.