Leaving "STUFF" in the pool

Jun 9, 2009
Huntsville, AL
Is it ok to leave the pool cleaner/hose and floats in the pool when not in use? Or is this just a place for algae to get a start? I know maybe a dumb question but I'm a newbe and don't want any problems with my new pool!!!

YBnormal...have a pool

My kids leave their pool toys and noodles in the pool and honestly, it get's on my nerves walking out to see the pool looking like their bedrooms! :grrrr:

I take the vac hose out and put it away everytime I use it.

I don't like clutter but the kids just don't get it. :roll:

I really don't have a place to keep the stuff yet (deck going in next week), was just wondering if it is ok untill I get my surrounding situated. I know my wife leaves her stuff laying around and I can't stand it either so I feel your pain :rant:

YBnonmal...have a pool

I would too FPM but once home from work, the pool says, Just look at me!! They did it again MaMa! :lol: If the kids are out there, I tell them to get busy and clean all the toys out and put them where they should go and NOT in the pool! I just can't stand the cluttered look when no one is in the pool. It just looks messy to me but not them. :roll:

And you know what else get's me... when they pop my favorite pool rafts because they jump on them! :grrrr: The neighbor boy owes me a turtle and I haven't forgotten. :rant:

I use to lay out on it and just relax.

This is what it looked like when the boy was done with it.

My Letro Legend stays in the pool from the time the cover comes off in late March until the cover goes back on in late October/early November. I have been doing it this way since 1995 and still have the original Letro legend. The only thing I have had to replace regularly on it over that time is the bag about every 2 years. The float has been replaced 3x over that period and I replaced the wheel bearings back in 2005. It still performs just as well today as it did back in 1995.

We have a float holder that we call "buoy bay" and a teak toy chest that holds all of our small stuff, goggles, snorkles, etc. We posted a sign that says "Swab the Deck", so we try to make our kids put all of their swim stuff up after every swim. I don't like them to leave the floats in because I worry it will restrict the skimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.