SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
:( I was doing maintenance on the pool yesterday and it must have been leaking for some time cuz the finish is bubbling on the outside pool wall. :( I almost didn't notice it but I ran my hand down the wall and could feel it and then I knew. It's on the bottom left of the skimmer box outside wall.

I searched and found this thread and I'm going to try what the OP ended up doing but with Epoxy Gator Aqua Stick, instead of the mighty puddy and see how that works. I do not have the energy to fight with a new seal and drain the water below the skimmer over and over if I can't fix the leak. :|

Hope it works. :cool:

I don't feel like getting that wet. :shock: If I change it, it'll be right before the season is over if the epoxy doesn't work though even if it's not the norm. I just want to see. If it doesn't stop leaking, I'll go the extra mile and change the gaskets. I can't believe it went bad since 2007 when I put this pool up. Not really what I wanted to see the other day. :|

Thanks. I'll keep you updated on my findings... the good, the bad and the ugly! :lol:

I just got the EpoxyGator today and put it on a couple hours ago. It said you can use it inside the pool too and it held fast to the liner around the skimmer which is a PLUS in my book. I will be checking it soon to see how it's holding. Let me go check. Said it takes an hour to cure. BRB. :cool:

No good. I'm really disappointed and will have to take the stuff off and get a new gasket. :? The skimmer box is still leaking. The weird thing is, it's leaking from the cut out for the wide mouth skimmer too. :shock: I sat and watched it for 5 minutes as I wiped the water away with my flash light on it. I checked the inside of the liner for holes and I see NONE! I have no clue why unless it's leaked for awhile, the wall foam is just saturated.

I don't want to drain the pool below the skimmer but I will have too. I may even have to pull the liner back to see what is going on back there. *shaking head* This is not good.

My plan of action will be pricing a gasket. Shocking the pool to 20 and draining below the skimmer and putting the solar cover on it to conserve chlorine and help keep the water clear. Maybe if I can get it to dry out for a couple days, that will help, I don't know.

I guess this is the ugly part. :hammer:

keri1973 said:
Let me know how it goes, I ordered some yesterday. Are you just putting it on the inside??

I put it inside and out. The inside is hard alread but I can see where it didn't completely seal. If I wanted, I could stick my fingernail under it and lift it off. :(

I don't think it's gonna work. I will check it again in the morning. Maybe it will seal enough by then. I don't want to fight with a gasket. :rant:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay. Leak is fixed by draining below skimmer and replacing gasket. Pool wall is dry so far and I'm filling up!

Here is the old gasket. No wonder why I couldn't get it to stop leaking. It wasn't that bad though when I took the skimmer off. It was just the corner but ghesh, it didn't take much to pull it apart like that. :|

I have pics of my wall but imageshack is being difficult right now. I'll try and get them up soon.

The wall:

The gasket comes in one piece. I believe they are called butterfly gaskets. One side of the gasket goes on the inside of the pool and the other side goes on the outside of the pool and you screw the screws in to attach the skimmer box.

I topped the pool off today. I have to tear the pump down and clean it tomorrow. I've had a heck of a day today. I'm going out to check it right now. Be back in a minute. :-D

Okay, looks like there are two very small leaks on both sides of the bottom. It is a very small leak like a drip every minute or so. I think if I unloosen the screws a bit it may fix the problem. I had my nephew put the screws in and he could have over tightened them even though I told him not too.

I'm satisfied, even though I still have a very tiny leak, it's not as bad as it was. I will continue to work on it though! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.