Full-up renovation, northern NJ

Jun 29, 2016
Parsippany, NJ
Hi all!

Just finishing up a full-on backyard renovation here in northern NJ... More pictures coming soon, but for now, here's a quick before and after.... Just a teaser - I've got more pictures to take, but as I do, I'll post plenty more details. This is the first time I've looked at the "before" photos in a while - hard to believe where we came from!

before.jpg

after2.jpg

D,

Wow, what a difference...!!!

Very nice, I love the deck.

Keep the pics coming and thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim! There's a lot more interesting photos on the way.. just waiting for the last details to be finished - hopefully today (new glass railings on the deck, granite countertops on the outdoor kitchen etc.)... and we should have new furniture by the end of the week as well; then we can stage it for some really nice shots. It looks pretty spectacular at night!

--Dennis

We looked into the same pavers. Great color would have totally done it but ended up going with a tumble look cause of all the cuts needed due to no straight lines. We worked all day yesterday and just did cuts from 9 to 4. 3 of us. We said st the end of the day thank god we went tumbled cause there is no way we could have got something more formal look perfect.

Would love to to see some close ups of ur soldier courses around deck and pool. You have to have a lot of double tapered cuts. Looks great!

Hey Jim! We went back and forth with what kind of stone to use, and decided on the XL. I REALLY love the larger stone look; it just works for us.

So, I'll do you one better on photos; I flew my yesterday and took some overhead video. Threw in my builder's website and logo - he did a great job and if it gets him some business, so be it.

If there's anything you'd like me to zoom in on, just say the word!! I'm traveling today for work but as soon as I get home I'll get you some close ups on the soldier courses. They really did a TREMENDOUS job -- the work they did is incredible. I especially just love the corner work on the coping - the cuts and mortar joints are just gorgeous.

Video here: The Trouville Project - YouTube

Thanks again for the kind words - we're beyond pleased with the results!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.