Sand filter trouble

Order the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net (Duraleigh), he ships anywhere in the world except Canada. You can take total control of your pool that way.

Remember, stick with the Clorox until you confirm your CYA level, as the trichloro will increase that level.

Like virtually everyone who is first learning, you have vastly underestimated the amount of Cl your pool will take. 30-70 gallons of 6% is common. The important lesson to bring away is you cannot stop. The only way to get your pool clear is to keep the FC up at high, yet safe levels.

Sorry I just got back to this. Internet has been down for 2 days.
I have HTH grandular Calcium Hydrochloride. Is it OK to use?
We also have very hard water here in Costa Rica. Does this cause a problem?
Thanks

PaulJohnston said:
Sorry I just got back to this. Internet has been down for 2 days.
I have HTH grandular Calcium Hydrochloride. Is it OK to use?
We also have very hard water here in Costa Rica. Does this cause a problem?
Thanks
It depends on your CH reading. You really need your own kit....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can use Cal-Hypo for chlorination until your CH level is 300 then you should stop using it. You can use it to shock the pool (it may cause temporary clouding). Use the Pool Calculator to determine dosing, you don't know your shock level until you know your CYA level....

Use the "effects of adding chemicals" section of the Pool Calc to determine how much each dose of Cal-Hypo will raise the CH level, keep a detailed record so you know when to stop using it.

Make sure your PH stays below 7.8 to prevent calcium scaling. :wink:

You still need your own kit. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.