Multiport valve replace or rebuild

Jul 1, 2017
Cedar Park/Texas
so as part of my search for a cause of DE leaking into my pool I noticed that my multiport valve is in a bit of bad shape. I looked at inyo and they says that my model is no longer available. Is it worth trying to fix this up or am i due for a replacement. What parts or replacement do you all recommend.

Symptoms:
Handle movement is very un-smooth (sounds crunchy).
Handle does not spring back into locked.
With pump off when I pull the handle back to move it I hear water flowing back towards the pull pump or return lines.
Water is leaking under the handle on the top of the unit.
Viewing bulb is no longer clear.
Has some small cracks possibly from time in the sun.

On a side note is seems like the waste line output port broke at some point and the previous owner stuck a PVC pipe in the middle with silicon. Guess that explains why it looks like a small water show when I backwash.

Pictures:
Valve:
Front view see pipe sticking out on left from break.
Cracked waste pipe.

-David

so answering my own question yes I do need a new unit. I will post pics if anyone is interested.

Spider gasket was missing chunks, but more concerning is that at least one of the outlets had brittle parts of pvc that cracked to the touch.

It's been an expensive couple of months. If only I knew then what I know now I would have negotiated some repairs when buying the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.