I know I have a problem....

Apr 27, 2009
Pensacola, FL
My pool was installed back in mid April, I was reading and learning from this site from the start and have had a great experience, no probs, beautiful balanced water.... upon filling the pool I added stabilizer to around 25-30ish and have followed religiously the pool calculator when adding any chems.

I have been using a floater :oops: ... I wanted to slowly increase my cya and I'll admit because they are easy but I have been keeping an eye on my level. Well today I checked for the first time in about a month and I am at 55ish! :hammer: I immediately removed the floater and now I'm back to paranoia. I had just gotten comfortable and was only testing my chlorine level every few days or so because I know how my pool works. Now I'm gonna have to test every day again to make sure my chlorine is right....

I feel like I'm addicted to the pucks! I don't wanna let go.....

thanks for listening to me rant, no one else would understand... my hubby thinks there is some pool angel or something that keeps our pool so nice and clean....:)

Shoot, 55'ish isn't a big deal. You'll be okay. Sounds to me like you are doing a wonderful job maintaining your pool.

I use pucks ever so often when I want to raise my CYA a little. Of course we get a lot of evaporation out here in arid Arizona so that coupled with splash out and water replacement, my CYA will get low ever so often. That's when I take advantage of using pucks. We have a hard time keeping ph down out here, so the pucks can help a little with that, too.

Some rain will act as "water replacement" to help lower your CYA some. However unless you get inches and inches I dont think the change will be significant. A CYA of 55 isnt that bad, 30 - 50 is recommended.
If we have had a lot of rain or get a lot of rain I have in the past raised my FC target number a little bit for a day or 2 just to be safe and make sure there is nothing growing in the water and as soon as I can I give the pool a good brush and throw in our pool cleaner and let it run for the day. We havent had any trouble yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.