Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing my test kit!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing my test kit!!

Is there a way to test my test kit. I have a 2yr old maby 1.5yr old taylor test kit http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Ho...400000/I/18547

and i have the tf100 a month old.

taylor pool store gets the same
    FC 4
    PH 7.8
    TA 100

tf100
    FC 4
    PH 7.5
    TA 80

usually i would take the 2 out of 3 to be the correct ones but this tf100 is supposed to be really good. I'd hate to think someone screwed up filling those bottles. In any event I'd like to know if there are any tests i can do on those kits to see whats going on.
    11,000g, AG, aqua rite salt, Dough Boy 1.5hp, well water with some metal in it, and 2 beautifull oak trees that dump a ton of leaves into the pool.

I use TF Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Testing my test kit!!

you're pretty much in range as far a the margin of error goes, but I would trust your own results with the freshest kit. I imagine if the wrong reagents were in the bottles, the tests wouldn't really even work at all.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

yeah i was just worried that someone could have contaminated some of those reagents or something. the bigest thing that worried me is the ph sometimes looks to be a lil higher than 7.8 with one test and the ta is higher than i want it for my SWG with the same test kit. but i will just use the tf100

either way if there is a controll test i can do i would like to know. i wanna play a lil.
    11,000g, AG, aqua rite salt, Dough Boy 1.5hp, well water with some metal in it, and 2 beautifull oak trees that dump a ton of leaves into the pool.

I use TF Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

well if you can look up the info on your tap water you can test it. especially ph.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

You can also order testing standard solutions from Taylor. I can't remember exactly what they are called but you can find them on the Taylor website.

I am slightly puzzled you would question your new TF100 results compared to your 1.5 year old kit or a pool store. Read more on this forum of the accuracy of pool store tests......I think you'll learn not to put much faith in them.

Yours will be the first case of erroneous test results experienced with the TF100 in 2.5 years. Not that it can't happen but yours will be the first.

The reagents in the kit are typically less than 30 days old and come directly from Taylor and our quality control is pretty good. My guess is you'll find the tests are accurate. If not, please let me know and we'll make it right immediately.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

You can read this article at the Taylor web site for hints on how to spot reagents that are getting too old to use.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

thanks guys. and jason thanks for that link the r0008 was stained a little so i'm just gonna throw it away.

I use TF Test Kit