What different methods can i use to add stabilizer?

Jun 10, 2009
Louisiana
I found one post that said to use this method

Take a Sock Poor your recommended levels from the Calculator into the sock and then take some string, and tie it off from the opening so it can't poor out. Then take another string ( or same one if long enough ) tie it to your ladder or whatever and position it in a way where the flow from the pump is flowing right through the sock. Let your pump run until there is no longer anything left in the sock.

The manufacturer instructions say mix with water and add through skimmer but it takes forever that way and it doesn't seem like it would disolve very fast in the filter.

so what is the fastest method to getting it disolved and reading accurate.

When I add CYA to our pool I get two pair of my wives knee highs and put one inside the other, put the CYA in it, tie the open end off snug but loose, throw it in the skimmer and walk away. It is usually dissolved by the next day. The actual CYA can take up to a week to register in your tests. You cant backwash for a week because the CYA in the filter will be wasted.

The other way is to hang it in front of a return and let it dissolve slowly that way.

Sock is best, I find it dissolves faster dangling in front of the return. Use the string to tie of the end of the sock, then the other end of the string up and over the top rail, and tie it around the outside return plumbing....if you do put it in the skimmer don't block the water flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.