15 000 gal for $139 INTEX SWG

Piolin

Sep 9, 2010
Miami, FL
hi guys

I plan to buy a Intex AGP 24x12x52 approx 8500 gal from Amazon, but I don't think they come with a good SWG so I found this in walmart 15 000 gal for $139

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Krystal ... n/19336123

Do you think this is a good choice?

Is there a better Intex alternative for the price?

what kind of INTEX sand filter will be a good match?

thanks in advance

Luis

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
That SWG will be fine. To do better than that you need to spend well over $400.

I recommend getting an Intex sand filter and pump combination. If your electric rates are high (above $0.20/kwh) it is worth looking into a two speed or small variable speed pump, which will cost more up front, but save a great deal in electrical costs. At lower electric rates, the Intex sand filter/pump combo is a better deal.

linen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
The intex 2650 sand filter has gotten great reviews.

The swg you posted the link too should work fine. Make sure when you use it to disconnect the wire to the copper bars (second wire from the right of the link you posted just above).

Avoid the all-in-ones that have the swg and sand filter combined...the pump and the swg never fail at the same time.

I have a similar intex swg on my permanent 21' agp and it works great (on it's third year of life, though I think I will need to replace it next year).

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.