It Lives

Jul 14, 2009
South Texas
:party: Still some sediments around edges that needs to be cleared and I'm still keeping the chlorine high. Brittle nasty hoses replaced skimmer and other fixtures cleaned and brushed. Filter and skimmer up and working again.
Saturday
SU1HMDAxMTguanBn.jpg

Friday -
SU1HMDAxMTUuanBn.jpg

Thursday
SU1HMDAxMDMuanBn.jpg

Wednesday
SU1HMDAxMDAuanBn.jpg

Monday
SU1HMDAwNzkuanBn.jpg

Sorry but I didn't take pictures of before we started.

Still some sediments around edges that needs to be cleared and I'm still keeping the chlorine high. Brittle nasty hoses replaced skimmer and other fixtures cleaned and brushed. Filter and skimmer up and working again.

WOOO HOOOOO! Have they seen it yet?

My smilie really wants to do back flips! :party: :mrgreen:

Ok Thanks to you all the pool is clear and has stayed clear for days. :party: no more GUNK and water is SO pretty!!

Mom is 100% sold on the BBB.
She will be ordering the new test kit on payday :-D . I'm actually a little surprised that she went for it since she was beginning to see the pool as a money pit but I bookmarked Pool School for her and I think she has been doing some reading.

We know from resent pool store testing that the pH is creeping back up. To 7.8 and the TA is at 154. This both need to come down.

I treat both with the acid correct? I went to the calculator and have the estimated amount of acid so I'm going to do the first treatment tonight. Do I then need to do the aeration method to bring up PH so I can lower again?

What do I do if I get the pH too low? Aerate right?

Try not to get it too low. Maybe use 1/2 of the dose while pump is running and 30 to 60 minutes later recheck and recalc for the rest of the dose so you don't bring it down too low. It isn't always that easy to raise the ph by aeration quick enough. So try to get it between 7.0 and 7.2 and then aerate to bring it back to 7.5 and then repeat the process, retesting your ph and TA every time, until you get your TA down to the level you desire.

I'm so happy mom is sold on BBB and she's going to order a test kit soon!

Congratulations TabiCat! You've done a wonderful job and keeping it clear since starting! :whoot:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.