First real water test. i hope

Rob-D

Aug 7, 2017
lacey wa
11,000 gallons vinyl sided. got my new kit i hope i did this right? critique please.

PH 7.2
FC 6.5
CC 6.5
CYA 50
ALK 130
BR 12
chlorine seemed high and i found the kids put a bunch of tiny almost dissolved tablets they found and piled them in the skimmer basket :hammer:

I'm assuming these results are from the blue devil 6 way kit you mentioned in your other thread. I haven't used this test kit nor heard how it compares to others but assuming it is accurate your numbers look fine with the exception of CC. I believe you recorded Total Chlorine as CC so in this case CC is 0.

[FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Edit:
Could you update your signature so we know what kind of pool you have? More here: Read this first

Is this test kit the Blue Devil 6-way kit, as AftonJeeper asked? If so, I think that one is an OTO test kit which, I believe, only measures Total Chlorine (TC). Total Chlorine is equal to the sum of Free Chlorine (FC) plus Combined Chlorine (CC). So TC=FC+CC. Free chlorine is the only part of that which is an effective sanitizer in your pool. Sorry to tell you, but those OTO test are only good for measuring the presence of chlorine, not the quantity and type.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.