New Build - Central Florida

Mar 30, 2017
Central Florida
After following along with the countless builds on the forum, it's finally time to start my own. I'm currently awaiting ground breaking on a 14x28 classic rectangle, delayed nearly two months due to "engineering delays" per the pool builder. Our pool will have a significantly raised bond beam due to the uneven elevation of my yard (yes, there are hills in Florida!), and will have a full screen enclosure to keep wildlife in the wild and out of my pool. See my signature for planned equipment. And now for the concept mockup (love those Florida mountains).

ExvzIjG.jpg%5B

NKNVa46.jpg%5B

Welcome to TFP...the design is unique and the elevation changes are cool. Lots more details needed for real input and pics of the existing yard would be good as a start...

As suggested, some views of my backyard space prior to excavation. Excuse the jungle as I've refused to mow back there considering the dig should be starting up in the next few days...

rpV9mJW.jpg%5B

DAXg9Eg.jpg%5B

- - - Updated - - -

Fence is down, permit is posted and fingers crossed that we will be underway sometime this week

OYuY8Oe.jpg%5B

Brentr,
I saw in another thread you have an outdoor tv setup. How did you go about getting cable access outside? Always been a dream of mine to lounge in the pool catching the games with football season fast approaching.

In the old days I ran a splitter cable up in the attic and then out the eave of the house. Now we have wireless Joey boxes so we don't need a cable anymore.

.....this just might be the excuse I need (for wife approval) to go with direct tv and get that NFL Sunday ticket.

Actually I need to make a correction, we used to have dish and recently switched to direct and did an internet bundle with att fiber optic for internet. The mini genie box is about 1/3 the size of the Joey box. This makes the wife happy as she does not like many cables hanging. We got the NFL package for one year free and all the lifetime movie channels and food network with bravo etc. The remote we put in a ziplock back and we can control when we are in the pool. We locked into a 2 year agreement and are saving almost $1000 per year. The internet speeds are great and we only have the 50 speed. Here are some pics
IMG_8093.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ZfEUDBT.jpg%5B

Design has been finalized!
Decided on NPT tropics blue mini pebble, NPT sierra blue slate for our waterline tile as well as extended bond wall, with some glass tile worked into the design. For our decking, we're going with sand colored pavers with matching coping.

PRETTY!!!! One of my fav tiles!

Now think about what color of mortar to use for the pretty tiles. It will make a BIG difference in how they look in the end. THEN think about what color of grout to use. See you ONLY thought you had everything picked out :hug:

Kim:kim:

You are really using up your whole back yard. Make sure you have plenty of walking space between the pool and the screen enclosure and between the screen enclosure and the fence. I have the following suggestions:
1. Speaking from experience. Put in a double door on one of the sides. I only had one door and ended up putting in a double door and another single door on the opposite side. I should have listened to my wife
2. Plan on plumbing electrical and water for a future summer kitchen.
3. Plan on adding solar and heat pump in your equipment pad.
4. Make sure that you have a very large equipment pad, our equipment pad is 19 ft long x 9 ft wide.
5. Put in water spigots in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
6. Put in electrical outlets in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
7. Go with a large outdoor space as possible. We have 1800sq ft of pavers and we wish we did a larger space. You will be quite surprised how much room tables chairs and lounges take up.
8. Run conduits for speaker wires if you plan on wired speakers.
9. Put in footers for future screen cage. Some people do not like the pool cage however we believe in it as we swim a lot at nighttime.
10. Plan on positioning your pool so that you can watch TV comfortably when you are in it. I know that this may sound strange but we love watching TV, football games, NASCAR races and movies when we are relaxing in the pool.
11. Place pool light facing away from the house, we had ours facing towards the house and we notice some glare from it.
Look at the 3 links in my signature bar for ideas. Post lots of pics :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.