First shock.

If you are thinking of using powder based chlorine to shock the pool, most folks in this forum will warn against it... powdered chlorine is stabilized which will add CYA to the pool. Some powdered shock contains calcium, some contains copper, some is based on MPS. So using any of these to shock the pool can cause additional problems.

The chlorine form that has the least additional byproducts is liquid chlorine, or bleach. It's cheap, easy, and effective, and you minimize additional chemicals in your pool.

Good luck!

Hi there,
Thanks for the quick responses.
I'm in Italy so the chlorine I've got is called ACN63, by Acquaclinic, an Italian company (I think). It's a powder product.
It says on the box that I can use a higher dosage of it to shock the pool, but I've heard of Shock products and wondered which was the best route to take.

Liquid chlorine (cleach) is the finest chlorine product to shock with.

All the powders add something to your pool that you don't want. Without test results and without the ingredients in the powder, I cannot tell you if a few doses of it are okay but long-term, I would suggest you not use whatever it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.