Water turning cloudy

Your pool color looks normal to me, it just looks cloudy. Often it takes a long time for sand filters to clear up cloudy water after an algae outbreak.

Did you do the overnight FC loss test correctly? Instructions are in Pool School. If yes, and you didn't lose more than 1ppm, your algae is dead and you need to let the filter do it's job.

Keep filtering 24/7 until it clears, you can also try a little DE in the sand to help improve filtration. Instructions are in Pool School.

Yes I know I did the overnight test correctly last night, but I am going to do the test again tonight.

I will add the DE to my sand filter per the instructions on this board.

If my overnight test does not change or I don't lose more than 1 ppm. what levels should I let my FC go to. I fear another outbreak.... My CYA is 50.

I agree with Ann that your pool water color looks normal, just cloudy. Let your filter clear it.

The range for FC with your CYA of 50 is: Min 4, Target 6 to 8.

Example: This means that if you are losing appx. 2 or 3 ppm FC daily, you would want to bring your FC level up to 9 or 10 each evening when you dose.

You could use your FAS/DPD test daily and cut this closer, but I err on the high side to help prevent problems. :wink:

YEAH!!!!! Our pool is almost 100% back to normal. We put the DE in the sand filter and put a nylon sock on our skimmer. Within hours our pool starting coming to life!!!!

This morning when we swept the pool there was no algea that came floating off the bottom.

The only question I have is, is there an easy way to clean the nylon sock. I am using a knee high, I think I will get a nylon footie. I know someone has an easy way. Yall always have the answers.

Thank you for saving my pool, for your support and saving me alot of money. If I had not found this site we would have gone to the pool store and we still would be pouring money and chemicals in our pool.

I am doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!! :party:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.