Am I on the right track...again??

graffster

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
OK...we seem to be done "shocking". And a big THANK YOU to Duraleigh for the LIGHTNING FAST SHIPPING of the R-0871!!! WOW!! :goodjob:

Here are my numbers today:

FC 7 (still coming down after shocking??)
CC 0
TC 7
pH 7.6
TA 110
CH 110
CYA 20 (again, I never completely lost the dot...and I had just added CYA the other day, prior to shocking.)
Salt 3010
Temp 95

What's my next step?

Thank you again for all of your expert help!!

Kathy

When you added your CYA, how much did you add and what is your goal for the CYA level? Since you have an SWG, you should shoot for 60 to 80 ppm of CYA. Wait a week after you have added CYA before testing it again.

Your CH is a little low and you will want to bump that up.

95 degrees! :shock: I thought my pool was warm at 88 degrees.

257WbyMag said:
When you added your CYA, how much did you add and what is your goal for the CYA level? Since you have an SWG, you should shoot for 60 to 80 ppm of CYA. Wait a week after you have added CYA before testing it again.

Your CH is a little low and you will want to bump that up.

95 degrees! :shock: I thought my pool was warm at 88 degrees.

*Sniff, sniff*
Mines only 74. :cry:

I was shooting for a target of 30 the other day...but now I'll go for the 60 that's recommended. (i'm still not sure I'm doing that test right...do you really get to where you can't see the dot????)

Yes, we're 95 degrees!!! I love it, but it's not very refreshing after you've mowed the lawn or anything like that. Great for the kiddies, though!!!!

:) Kathy

i'm still not sure I'm doing that test right...do you really get to where you can't see the dot????)

Yep, right to that point. Best to read the sample in a shady spot on a bright and sunny day.

Here's a link to Taylor's informational on testing for CYA. It has a good graphic for comparison for you.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=36

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.