Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Am I on the right track...again??

1. Back To Top    #1

Am I on the right track...again??

OK...we seem to be done "shocking". And a big THANK YOU to Duraleigh for the LIGHTNING FAST SHIPPING of the R-0871!!! WOW!!

Here are my numbers today:

FC 7 (still coming down after shocking??)
    CC 0
    TC 7
    pH 7.6
    TA 110
    CH 110
    CYA 20 (again, I never completely lost the dot...and I had just added CYA the other day, prior to shocking.)
    Salt 3010
    Temp 95

What's my next step?

Thank you again for all of your expert help!!

Kathy
    Sunny SW Florida! Uncaged Free-form IG pool, Pebble-tec finish, 20,000 gallons?? (Beach entry/tanning ledge is 9' x 9'; it's free form 37' x 19'. Depth 3 feet to max 5.5 feet. There's also an attached spa with spillover: 6 foot radius. Anything else?)
    Prologic computerized thingie with SWG; 1.5 hp Hayward II Super pump, cartridge (i think) filter. (Hubby contracted the whole thing...so I don't have a detailed list on what we've got!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Am I on the right track...again??

When you added your CYA, how much did you add and what is your goal for the CYA level? Since you have an SWG, you should shoot for 60 to 80 ppm of CYA. Wait a week after you have added CYA before testing it again.

Your CH is a little low and you will want to bump that up.

95 degrees! I thought my pool was warm at 88 degrees.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    When you added your CYA, how much did you add and what is your goal for the CYA level? Since you have an SWG, you should shoot for 60 to 80 ppm of CYA. Wait a week after you have added CYA before testing it again.

Your CH is a little low and you will want to bump that up.

95 degrees! I thought my pool was warm at 88 degrees.
    *Sniff, sniff*
    Mines only 74.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was shooting for a target of 30 the other day...but now I'll go for the 60 that's recommended. (i'm still not sure I'm doing that test right...do you really get to where you can't see the dot????)

Yes, we're 95 degrees!!! I love it, but it's not very refreshing after you've mowed the lawn or anything like that. Great for the kiddies, though!!!!

Kathy
    Sunny SW Florida! Uncaged Free-form IG pool, Pebble-tec finish, 20,000 gallons?? (Beach entry/tanning ledge is 9' x 9'; it's free form 37' x 19'. Depth 3 feet to max 5.5 feet. There's also an attached spa with spillover: 6 foot radius. Anything else?)
    Prologic computerized thingie with SWG; 1.5 hp Hayward II Super pump, cartridge (i think) filter. (Hubby contracted the whole thing...so I don't have a detailed list on what we've got!)

5. Back To Top    #5

i'm still not sure I'm doing that test right...do you really get to where you can't see the dot????)
    Yep, right to that point. Best to read the sample in a shady spot on a bright and sunny day.

Here's a link to Taylor's informational on testing for CYA. It has a good graphic for comparison for you.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=36
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT