Film in a fiberglass pool

Green Goblin

Gold Supporter
Nov 5, 2012
Tennessee
I'm looking to purchase a home with a pool. My previous pools have all been gunite, but looking at a house with a fiberglass pool.

To look at it, it looks fine. Hate to admit that I wasn't perfectly sure what type of pool it was, so I stuck my hand in the water and ran it across the wall. Pretty sure it was fiberglass, anyway running my hand along it coated my fingertips with what looked like dust, and the wall of the pool had finger tip streaks on it like when you run fingers through dust on furniture-- is this just poor maintenance?

Also, I had never previously seen a pool before that had seams in the wall, as if it had been put together from multiple pieces-- these weren't wrinkles in a liner. Are there multiple piece fiberglass pools?

thanks to all for the help.

I noticed that in my pool last year when we bought our house. I've noticed it less since I started keeping my CH at the lower end (220-250).

It is always possible it could be that the gel coating is bad, but unsure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in and help us both.

It might be some sort of hybrid fiberglass pool? Most fiberglass pools do not have panels or seams, they arrive in one piece like an empty boat shell.

I bet poor water maintenance is the cause for that white schmutz you got on your hand.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.