Porcelain Paver Coping Help!

tnhell

Aug 12, 2017
Peoria, AZ
Hello from AZ! New to the forum and excited to learn! We are about to start our owner build pool and I have a question about pool coping on a shotcrete pool. The design I've come up with uses Belgard Porcelain pavers around the pool as coping. These are 24"x24" and are 3/4 thick. I like the thin look of the pavers with not much of an overhang over the waterline tile. We will just have a single layer of pavers all around the pool as a 24" wide coping(I hope that's the best explaination). Where I'm stumped is how to install these correctly. Has anyone worked with or used this product? If so would we need to ask for our bond beam to be extended to 23" wide so the entire paver would sit on cement or is it ok to have half mortared on bond beam and the other half backfilled like a normal paver? The rest of our pool should be easy but this is driving me nuts because I can't find a sub who has used the product or can see my vision!

I've shown drawings and pictures. It think it's because they aren't actually specified as coping pieces, rather just pavers. I know it can be done but it's just finding someone to do it. If we were in another marker where contemporary/modern pools were done more it would probably be easier ?

Any update on this? I'm looking to do the exact same thing and starting excavation next week. It's a great modern look with those 24" porcelain pavers. Can I ask where you bought those from and if you had any success with a good installer? Thank you,