How much CC is too much to swim?

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
frustratedpoolmom said:
Don't bother testing this a.m., I would say repeat a partial drain and refill this morning...recirculate, and retest the CYA... repeat a partial drain if necessary.

When the CYA level is where you want it, retest PH/TA and adjust if necessary, then resume shocking based on your description of the water - and I'd say, no it's not a good idea for the kids to swim yet.

Your CC was .5.

This is a quote from a different thread, entitled "multiple pool problems" and was started by Rocky - sorry, don't really get it yet as to when to start a new question or dive in the middle of an on-going discussion. My question is, it appears that the answer that kids should not swim yet is based on CC being .5. The guy's description of his pool includes greenish water and green sediment, so maybe that is the basis of saying don't swim (I know I wouldn't). But based on the way FPM's answer was drafted, I need to ask if having .5 CC means DO NOT SWIM?? I had thought .5 or less was okay.

I know my pool is .5 (two different tests two or three days apart). I've never put anything in my pool other than liquid bleach and dichlor; the water is clear; and there is minimal sediment/organic type stuff in it as I skim it daily with a net and use an Aqua Broom almost daily. I have been allowing my kids to swim. My most recent tests are:

FC 5.5 (using TF kit)
pH 7.5 (using hth 6-way kit)
CYA between 30 and 40 (haven't tested for one week and in meantime added one ounce dichlor)(using hth 6-way kit)
CC .5 (using TF kit)

Do I need to worry about the .5 CC? Can I let my kids continue to swim with these numbers?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Your numbers look great and no need to worry about .5 CC or less. Let the kids swim :-D

The quote from FPM: When she stated that "Your CC is .5", she was only confirming the OP's test techniques.
Also, the "no swimming" was because the OP was doing a series of drains/refills and the water was green and not yet balanced.

For reference, your quote came from this thread: multiple-pool-problems-t14885-20.html

Butterfly said:
Your numbers look great and no need to worry about .5 CC or less. Let the kids swim :-D

The quote from FPM: When she stated that "Your CC is .5", she was only confirming the OP's test techniques.
Also, the "no swimming" was because the OP was doing a series of drains/refills and the water was green and not yet balanced.

For reference, your quote came from this thread: multiple-pool-problems-t14885-20.html

Exactly. :wink:

Sorry if this was confusing. I didn't want any kiddies vanishing into the deep green depths..... :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.