So I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be back until Tuesday. Since I'm the only one that knows how to take care of the pool, I need some pointers on what to do before I leave. I shocked the pool for the first time tonight (added about 134 oz of bleach per the pool calculator) and added two 3 inch tablets (Walmart Aqua-Chem tablets) to the skimmer (the pump will run while I'm gone).
The chlorine level tonight was about 2ppm before the shock (my test doesn't tell me if it is FC, CC, or TC, it's the Aqua-Chem 3 way test from walmart) and the pH was about 7.5. About 45 minutes after I shocked it, the chlorine level was off the chart (above 5ppm).
I just got the water right and want to make sure I don't come home to an algae filled pool that I have to drain and refill. The cover is on and will stay on until I get home.
As always, thanks for any and all replies.