Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New guy, here's my pool.....

1. Back To Top    #1

New guy, here's my pool.....

New guy here! We started July 06 with this (had to cut down two trees....didn't want to, but didn't have a choice)......

And this is the result, after a total relandscaping by my wife and I, new fence, new upper spa deck, etc......taken in May this year....

I've got more pics, including a full library of the build process from Day 1.
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights

2. Back To Top    #2
    Very nice - your decking and coping look just like mine. Anyone notice the "Lonestar" on the back fence? Very Nice!
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    Nice pool! I've added it to the slideshow.

BTW, welcome to TFP.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4

nice pool. lots of texans in here I notice. isn't it crazy how rain this time of year can keep grass sooo green.....?
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sredish
    nice pool. lots of texans in here I notice. isn't it crazy how rain this time of year can keep grass sooo green.....?
    Keeps it green until the fungus starts getting after that st augustine.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control

6. Back To Top    #6
    welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks folks.....nice to be here! Yeah, your're right about the fungus....we've had to spray a few plants that haven't liked the deluge of rain we've had. The St. Augustine grass is new also and looks ok so far, but it is definitely suffering a little from the rain. It's funny.....when we started our pool build last summer we were dying for rain and lost most of the landscaping (didn't help with the sprinkler lines cut in July during the dig). We relandscaped with all "native" plants which can survive droughts......but low and behold....rain rain rain.....
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights

8. Back To Top    #8

The pool looks great!

We had ours redone this past late winter/early spring...just to get a lot of days we can't use it now thanks to all the rain...our St. Augustine had a little fungus at the beginning of all this rain but I sprayed it with some stuff and we haven't had any more problems (knock on wood).

-Thomas
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

9. Back To Top    #9

Love the pool and landscaping. Great job. Ron
    Hey, who removed the filter from the gene pool!

10. Back To Top    #10

Looks great!!

What plaster did you use?

Steve
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

11. Back To Top    #11

It's a lovely pool and yard.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

12. Back To Top    #12
    Welcome to the forum! Good looking set up you have, great trade from the raised fort area to the pool!
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

13. Back To Top    #13

just realized they built that house behind the fence in the time it took for you to build the pool... that's a fast home builder....
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

14. Back To Top    #14

Nice job ... looks great!

Welcome to the pool.

and ... GO HOGS!! (had to throw that in there for the Texan)
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand

15. Back To Top    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman
    Nice job ... looks great!

Welcome to the pool.

and ... GO HOGS!! (had to throw that in there for the Texan)
    There's still some hard feelings towards those Hogs. Most people blame them for the breakup of the SWC.
    Brian

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by stevenbrla
    Looks great!!

What plaster did you use?

Steve
    Thanks everyone for the comments!

The plaster is "Riversand", which is the builder Riverbend Sandler's version of Pebbletec. The color is Tahoe Blue.
    Mike

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

NTXPool... are you on any Lawn forums, your grass does look incredible. lol
    8)
    SunEnterprises.com Placing orders over the phone will expedite the process. Online orders usually add a day or 2 to the process. Im at extension 232

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by SunEnterprises
    NTXPool... are you on any Lawn forums, your grass does look incredible. lol
    8)
    Its from all the rain here...All I do is fertilize and mine looks amazing too (if I do say so myself )

But yes, you're yard looks great too!

-Thomas
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!