Filter Micron Level Recomendation request

H2O_Keeper

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
SW Indiana
I am looking to buy a cartridge filter system for my pool. I have an opportunity to get a used industrial grade unit that meets my GPM and is over my cartridge area needs pretty cheap. My question is if anyone has any experience with either the technical specs of the micron level in the official pool cartridge filters. I know the pool school article says down to "10" but is that for most? I have searched over the net trying to find the details and nowhere to be found.

More specifically If I buy this unit I was considering to buy a 5 micron (absolute rating) since DE is suppose to filter down to three. I am assuming it wont get clogged too quickly. The unknown is if will be 3 months or 3 days. Anyone tried a 5 or have more insight of levels?

The management of your pool water chemistry dwarfs ANY consideration of micron size. In a properly managed pool, A sand, DE, or cartridge filer will keep the water so crystal clear it will be difficult to detect it is there on a still day. :lol:

I know that's not what you asked but I assumed your inquiry is related to water clarity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.