Doughboy Tuscany ovals.. Do they exist in the wild?

Jun 15, 2017
Puyallup, WA
I have yet to find pictures of a Doughboy Tuscany (preferably 32x16) from an actual owner. Every picture I've found while searching seems to be promotional/stock photos. Any actual installations out there? I would really love to see what the very few of you out there have done with the yard/landscaping surround!

I googled Doughboy Tuscany, clicked on images and found some good pics on Pinterest. :D

I'll have to get back with pics of our 16 x 28 "Mystic Garden" and landscaping around it. Really its just rocks and potted plants at the walls. Partial paver stone deck at top rail height with paver stone steps leading from a paver stone patio. :wave:
I would not like to walk around the pool brushing or using hand skimmer if I had to walk on woodchips or step on all the plants the Doughboy website shows around their pools. :whip:

- - - Updated - - -

You will love this site. I have been learning for years and still learning. And enjoying all the posts of other pool owner's "oasises" (is that a word? LOL)

Here are some pics:
Hope this gives you some ideas

Wow!!! That looks amazing, thank you for sharing the pictures! Really what we're trying to shoot for. We ended up not going with a Tuscany, mostly because the installer stated they had fitment issues more often than it was worth, especially at the huge premium over the next step down, the Saratoga. We purchased a 32x16 Saratoga, which should arrive around the end of the month (29th or so). Ours will be buried about 28" (so about 24" above ground).

We are also doing a deep end. I grew up swimming in large pools and the ocean and being under water brings me zen...

Thanks for the compliment. Our pool is not as fancy as some but on our small city lot, it is very inviting. :sunny:
We love the patio and deck and use it almost every day. The fire pit gets moved when we are having people over and need the patio space for more lounging. Originally I was nervous about having a deep end, but its not very big in this sized pool and my husband insisted that our son and his friends would enjoy it. Well 11 years later, the kids are still loving the deep end. :drown:
Looking forward to pics from your new build and landscaping. :snorkle:

P.S. I see you are in Puyallup. Are you familiar with the Sewing Convention (?). Everyone here who has ever gone says its fabulous for sewists. ;)

Thanks for the compliment. Our pool is not as fancy as some but on our small city lot, it is very inviting. :sunny:
We love the patio and deck and use it almost every day. The fire pit gets moved when we are having people over and need the patio space for more lounging. Originally I was nervous about having a deep end, but its not very big in this sized pool and my husband insisted that our son and his friends would enjoy it. Well 11 years later, the kids are still loving the deep end. :drown:
Looking forward to pics from your new build and landscaping. :snorkle:

P.S. I see you are in Puyallup. Are you familiar with the Sewing Convention (?). Everyone here who has ever gone says its fabulous for sewists. ;)

Although I haven't personally attended the sew expo, it takes place at the Washington State Fair grounds, which I have a view of from my home! In fact, the location of the pool will be on the view side, so you would be able to literally watch the expo commotion while floating about...

I'm really glad to hear your family still enjoys the deep end. Gives me reassurance that we are going to enjoy ours! :)

I will post pictures when the build begins. The area was cut level last week by an excavation crew and the work area (pool perimeter plus about 2 feet extra) has been marked with orange spray paint by the installer. The excavation crew will return next week or so to dig and laser level the pool ground (sans deep end). The installer will work with them to get the deepend dug and formed properly.

I am both excited and a bit of a nervous wreck over the whole process. Our yard isn't the easiest to work on and the grade required a very specific spot for the pool that allows for proper support, with a 28" bury, where one corner of the pool will be exposed (being cut into the slope). The leveling that took place was to simplify this process (but there s still a slight slope to work with, hence the 28" bury).

Future pictures will help explain this better!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow!!! That looks amazing, thank you for sharing the pictures! Really what we're trying to shoot for. We ended up not going with a Tuscany, mostly because the installer stated they had fitment issues more often than it was worth, especially at the huge premium over the next step down, the Saratoga. We purchased a 32x16 Saratoga, which should arrive around the end of the month (29th or so). Ours will be buried about 28" (so about 24" above ground).

We are also doing a deep end. I grew up swimming in large pools and the ocean and being under water brings me zen...
We are considering a similar pool build (Doughboy with deep end) and just wondering if I could ask you a few follow up questions if you are still around. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.