Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have just gotten around to getting my cleaner out of the box. Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner.
I hooked up the hoses and plugged it into the return, checked the pressure with gauge that comes with it. Manual says it has to have 25psi. I'm getting that with my pump on low. Is that o.k.????? I guess I had it in my head that the main pump would have to be on high :?
Haven't hooked the cleaner to the end yet. Will do that this afternoon when I get home.

Thanks.

The booster pump is probably compensating for the lower flow rate from the main pump on low speed. The cleaner doesn't need a lot of flow anyway just the pressure which is generated mostly by the booster pump. Probably the only effect you might see is that there will be significantly less flow rate through the normal returns when using the cleaner on low speed.

Thanks Mark. I'll check my other returns flow with it running when I get home. Good to know that I can run the cleaner on low speed. :-D Just didn't want to mess something up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.