New build in San Diego.

I got a question. When your quoted for a size pool say for example 16x32. Is that from the waterline tile to the waterline tile? Or to the outside of the 1ft coping?

my PB and i just did some minor pool layout and he measured the 16ft wide area but when I asked about the coping and thought the coping would go over the top and outside of that 16ft wide pool area he said no the coping goes inside of that. But wouldn't that make it 2 ft narrower when you do both sides?

To me the measurement should be what the water fits in but that is just my gut. Of course if the PB measures it the outside of the coping to outside of coping it will be smaller pool surface area so...........it may be a bit cheaper for him to build.

To me the measurement should be what the water fits in but that is just my gut. Of course if the PB measures it the outside of the coping to outside of coping it will be smaller pool surface area so...........it may be a bit cheaper for him to build.

Yeah cheaper for him to build but not what im paying for. I swear these guys try everything to swindle you! Im gonna have a talk with him tomorrow.

should be the inside dimensions of the pool.

He also Has the edge of the spa diameter way inside the pool (4ft) making the length of the pool shrink from 32 to 28. As he and his helper were setting the perimeter i had a funny feeling it didn't look right. Of course I'm too nice and trust people to do things right that I didn't want to say anything at the time. We actually upgraded the original plan to go from 30x15 to 32x16 $1600 more added to the contract. So after he left i started doing the measurements and im not very happy. AT LEAST THEY HAVENT STARTED DIGGING YET!

It seems to me that if you have a contract for a 16'x32' pool and spa, that you should be able to set that spa as far into the pool or out of the pool area as you want? Obviously we want to have it set into the pool its gonna have a spillway, but not so much that it takes away from the swim area. By the way my PB set the layout, the spa was taking away 4-5 feet from the deep end. Making the length from one edge to the spa wall 27ft when i paid for a 32 ft length pool. It is my suspicion that he is trying to make the build as small as he thinks he can get away with to save money in material costs and time? Is this how its gonna be for the next 10-12 weeks? I pulled the forms out myself and redid it how i think it should be. I called him and told him i did it. He is coming by later today. Am i right in my thinking? Thanks y'all.

The pool I am building is gonna be 35'x17'. The 7'x7' spa will cut into the corner of the pool at about 4'x4'. So from the outside of the spa wall to the pool edge (length) will be 31' and to the pool edge (width) will be 13'. Pool according to the county is still permitted as 35'x17' with 7'x7' spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anybody know what kind of rebate or price adjustment would be normal in going from 7ft deep in the original plan/contract. to 6ft deep in the middle of the dig. The PB convinced me to go 6ft deep after some discussion about the shallow end slope. But this is after the contract price was signed with the 7ft depth. I brought it up and he said he "would be fair" but didn't give me a figure. stuck behind the 8-ball again!

Does anybody know what kind of rebate or price adjustment would be normal in going from 7ft deep in the original plan/contract. to 6ft deep in the middle of the dig. The PB convinced me to go 6ft deep after some discussion about the shallow end slope. But this is after the contract price was signed with the 7ft depth. I brought it up and he said he "would be fair" but didn't give me a figure. stuck behind the 8-ball again!
I know when we decided to go to 7' from 6', it was only $100 difference on our contract

We got a hole! Trying to decide on how many lights. We have 2 intellibrights already included. 1 in spa. 1 In pool in the center aiming away from house towards the raised bond beam. Were going with stonescapes midnight blue small pebble finish and wondering of i should add another light or maybe even a couple globrights. The pool is 32 ft long 18 wide in shallow end and 15 in deep end.

Attachments

• IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 155
I would add a light over by the steps/shelf.Make sure to place it so there are no shadows on the steps.

If your wallet could stand the hit then do go for the 2 globrights and space them out so there are not shadows in the pool.

Kim:kim:

Well since the Intellibrites aren't cheap and we never use them during swimming season as they attract bugs (we don't have that many here to begin with) during the night from my experience. I recommend just going with the one. We do however sometimes run them at night during the offseason when bugs are less prevalent for outdoor mood lighting or if we get in the spa.

Finished the shotcrete and now the agonizing task of picking the tile!

hskr4i.jpg

qoagbm.jpg

24315qr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The bond beam will have this stacked stone. Its Mt Moriah sunset ledge.

sbii3k.jpg

and lots of palm trees of course

Well since the Intellibrites aren't cheap and we never use them during swimming season as they attract bugs (we don't have that many here to begin with) during the night from my experience. I recommend just going with the one. We do however sometimes run them at night during the offseason when bugs are less prevalent for outdoor mood lighting or if we get in the spa.

We ended up going with 3 in the pool. 1 big one in the center and 2 Melody’s. We dont get too many bugs here fortunately. Exciting!!!

Let label the tile-starting on the left (2x2 tiles) we will call that one A the one next to it is B going to C, D, E.

I don't care for A or B. A is too busy next to the stone. B is too blue (did I really just say that?? I love blue).

C,D,E all look quite a bit a like to me in the pic. I like the mix of blue and brown. I think either of them will work and look great! It will be fun to dig through the box and find the prettiest ones and pick where to put them in the pool.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.