Lborne new IG pool build

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
It is kind of late because we are 2 weeks into the build, but I thought I'd share my construction with everyone. We agonized over pool builders and I got quotes from several - all refered by friends. In the end, I picked the one who lived just down the road from me, thinking I can just go knock on his door whenever I need to. So far, so good. The only problem we are having is the frequent afternoon rains have caused more delays than we would like. The PB has been very receptive to my providing plumbing diagrams, electrical diagrams, and generally sticking my nose into everything.

We are having it screened in, although we would prefer not to. On the one hand, we have lots of mosquitoes and other bugs and there is a large oak tree just next to the pool. On the other hand, screens are expensive ($8k), tend to come down easily in huricanes, and the pool just does not look as nice with one. We were debating back and forth. But recently one weekend we were at a friends home without a screen. The pool was immaculate and we all got our suits on, changed the kids, put on sunscreen, etc. By the time we got back outside, a large swarm of flying ants had landed in the pool. It was crazy. As fast as we could scoop them out, more would fly in. Plus they were all over the deck and chairs. That pretty much settled that for us.

Here is a link to the construction photos.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Bornefamily/PoolConstruction#

The shotcrete is going in on Monday, so there will be added photos that night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.