crystal clear a little algae

Jun 30, 2009
Island of Long, NY
Got my TF-100 great kit, water has been crystal clear. Arrived home after being away for 3 days and have a little visable algae. The water is very clear.
FC-5.5
CC-0.5
CYA-90
PH-7.5
I put in enough bleach to bring FC up to 7 as per the pool calculator and CYA chart. Just wondering should I shock now, something is causing the algae? Or just make sure the FC stays at 7. Kids don't use the pool like they used to, to cold for the bride, and I just dive in and get out. It looks nice though :roll:
thanx jimmy

For your CYA of 90, if you don't have a SWCG, you want to keep your chlorine around 10ppm. 7 is the minimum. I'd recommend raising it to shock level to get rid of the algae that is starting.

Yes it's the same green algae I always get, yesterday bottom of pool felt slimly till I brushed it. So according to the CYA chart the shock level should be 35, how long should it be kept there because the CC is already 0.5
or till I have CC of 0.0 .... I vacuumed most of the algae, just some in the nooks that I'll brush after I shock.
Thanx Jimmy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.