Salt level readout is incorrect, please advise

Jun 24, 2009
My Pool Pilot is not generating any "chlorine". For weeks now, I've been adding liquid chlorine to keep it from turning green. I have cleaned the screens, backwashed, cleaned the cell in acid, checked the connections, and a lot more! One day about a week ago I was lounging around reading my book and noticed those great tiny bubbles coming from the skimmer! You would have thought it was a new grandbaby I was so excited. Had no idea why it started working.....But later that day....no more bubbles. I can always tell when it's working from the bubbles. Anyway, and a major clue here, the readout kept being VERY high numbers like 14,000 on the salt level. Well, I knew this wasn't right. so, I used the strips to test and it was in the high 2000's to low 3000's. I recalibrated the system to match what that readout was. Next day.....back up in the 5 digits again.
Before I spend $85 an hour for a house call.....thought you guys could help me figure this out.
THANKS
Kathy

Usually there is some kind of cable or connector problem between the power supply and the trisensor (at the top of the manifold). Check that both ends of the cable are securely connected and that the cable is intact, no nicks or cuts or crimps.

Kathy,
Perform a TEST POOL PILOT and report the readings.
Regarding the bubbles, the Pool Pilot cycles power to the cell on and off, depending on the % output setting. So you will see the bubbles appear then stop throughout your pump run hours.

How old is your system?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.