Heat pump for Intex

Jul 11, 2012
NJ
Any advice on a heat pump for our 18' round Intex? Our local pool stores are no help. They are not Intex friendly.

What brand/size hp is recommended? We have an electrician. Do we need a plumber?

We consistently use a solar cover. But don't get enough sunny days for solar panels.

Thanks

I know the heater I seen recommended the most here are Raypac heaters. Do a search and see what you think after you read some of the threads about them.

Do you know how to do PVC plumbing? If so you should be able to plumb it. I am VERY glad you have an electrician. I bet you could ask him to plumb it as well if you say pretty please.

Kim:kim:

Thanks for your replies.

Pooldv, I tried contacting Hayward to find out if the heat pump works with a swg. But I can't reach them via phone or email.

Kimkats, my electrician is my fav nephew. Pretty please may work ��

Unfortunately, our swim season is ending already. I really want to extend it.
But may have to wait till next year ��

I got sick of cold water last year and went with a Hayward 150K BTU unit. It heats the pool to 88f in under an hour and has worked flawlessly so far. The install is a little more entailed as you need both elec. and gas plumbed in but so far it has been WAY worth it.

2017-07-18_16-32-49_826.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.