Our pool and remodel pictures

uwimage

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2007
Richardson, TX
OK...well here goes, we just finished up with the remodel a few weeks ago (I wouldn't want to go through it again!) While we liked it before the remodel the previous owners had painted it a few years prior and the plaster looked awful, the decking was cracking where we added the flagstone and the tile was OLD and cracking in some spots...

Here's a before:
IMG_0051.jpg

44.jpg

A couple during the remodel:
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

And the finished product!!!!

IMG_0020.jpg

45.jpg

Woops, I put the nighttime updated in the wrong thread...I miss clicked :lol:

Here's the night time pictures, we have 11 tiki's, they make all the difference; we also added a blue light cover, I love the look of the water with it on!! Best 7.50 we've spent on the pool :-D

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

That looks great!
What was the process to re-plaster?
I had a pool builder look at mine and he says that any time plaster is recoated the entire pool needs to be chiped down to the Gunite and re-plastered from scratch. I appears that you re-skimed yours.

Can any one give advice on this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bpotter said:
That looks great!
What was the process to re-plaster?
I had a pool builder look at mine and he says that any time plaster is recoated the entire pool needs to be chiped down to the Gunite and re-plastered from scratch. I appears that you re-skimed yours.

Can any one give advice on this?
Bpotter,

We're hijacking the thread just a bit, but I'm not sure that PB is correct. You certainly need a dry, solid, clean surface on any masonry application but I don't see the necessity of removing all the old plaster. I'd tend to believe a sand-blasting process would make the old surface readily accept and bond the new plaster. That said, a professional plasterer would have a better opinion than me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.